"Home Ownership Lies At The Very Heart Of The American Dream..." - Mel Martinez

Home Insurance Protection For The Modern Age

Get A Quote

Homeowners Insurance

Throughout the years of hard work and dedication you never gave up. You saved, budgeted your money, and finally turned your hopes into reality. Now, you have a piece of the American Dream and that building represents you, your family, and your escape from the outside world. It’s your home, you own it, and it must be protected.

As your most valuable financial investment, it is imperative that you have a comprehensive Homeowners Insurance policy in place that will protect your home in the event an unforeseen accident.

What is homeowners insurance?

A homeowners insurance policy is for people who own their own home.  It is a “package” policy that provides financial protection for your home in the event of natural or man made disasters.

A standard homeowners insurance policy will protect the dwelling (the home itself) as well as your personal belongings inside of it. The policy may also provide protection to “separate structures” that reside on your property such as a detached garage, guest home, or shed.

It will also cover your liability (or legal responsibility) for any injuries or property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This also includes damage caused by your pets.

I own a condominium (or townhouse). Do I still need homeowners insurance?

Absolutely. If you have purchased a condominium or townhouse, the bank that financed your loan will require you to have insurance in place to protect its investment.

You may need to add or increase coverage limits to your policy to cover things like your personal belongings and liability protection.

Your Condominium or Townhouse will generally have two policies protecting it:

1.) Your own insurance policy – This will cover your personal belongings, liability protection, loss of use, and your structural rebuild requirements.

2.) A “Master Policy” provided by your HOA, or Condo/Co-Op Association – To adequately insure your home, it is very important that you know what structural parts of your home are covered by the master policy.

In some cases the Master policy will insure the condo (or townhome) as it was originally built, including standard fixtures.

In other cases, the Master Policy will only insure the bare walls, floor, and ceiling.  In this situation, the owner of the unit would be responsible for insuring everything from the “studs in” (i.e. – kitchen cabinets, built-in appliances, plumbing, wiring, bathroom fixtures etc.).

Be sure to read all parts of your HOA (or Co-Op) by-laws and/or proprietary lease and know what your insurance requirements are.

Additional Coverage Options

You may have need for additional insurance coverage options that are either limited by your homeowners insurance policy or not covered at all.  

These endorsements are optional but help to increase the overall effectiveness of your core homeowners insurance program and generally for very little additional cost.


Back-Up of Sewer & Drain

This covers damage caused by the back-up or blockage of sewer or drains. Most homeowners policies do not cover this unless added through an endorsement. If you live in a dry area, you could be more susceptible to this situation.

Umbrella Liability Protection

Every Homeowner should have this additional policy. It is an inexpensive way to get $1,000,000 or more in additional liability protection that will protect your assets in the event you are found liable and sued.

Earthquake or Flood Insurance

These events are NOT covered by your standard homeowners policy. If you live in an area where you are at risk from these events, then it is imperative that you purchase a separate earthquake or flood insurance policy. These policies can be attained through our agency.


Personal Articles Floater

Do you have an expensive wedding ring set or priceless artwork, antiques, collectibles, gold or silver that you keep in your home? In the event of a homeowners insurance claim, these and other items are LIMITED in payout on your home insurance policy. They must be scheduled or insured separately to cover the full value of the item.

Limitation of Coverage

Every homeowners policy has limitations. It’s important to know what’s covered, and what’s not.

Homeowners insurance does cover a wide variety of different perils that could damage or destroy your home but there are a few exceptions to be aware of.


It is important to know that damage or destruction to your home cause by an earthquake is NOT covered by your homeowners insurance policy. You must carry a separate policy that will serve to repair or rebuild your home in the event of an earthquake. This coverage is not required by California State law.


Flooding of your home is NOT covered by your homeowners insurance policy so if your home is susceptible to flooding, then you may want to consider carrying flood insurance. From structural and mechanical damage to flood debris clean-up and floor surfaces (like carpeting and tile) this policy provides comprehensive coverage in the event of flood damage.  This coverage is not required by California State law.

Home Maintenance

People many times forget that their homeowners insurance is a disaster relief program and does not cover home maintenance issues. It is the homeowners responsibility to keep up on repairs and/or replacements to vital parts of the home like the roof, internal piping, and plumbing. The key here is preventing negligence. If you know you have an older roof or that your plumbing hasn’t been inspected in years, make a point to have it looked at.  This will help prevent an “uncovered loss” from taking place.

Knowledge Is Power

Now that you have a better understanding about the different types of coverage available on a home insurance policy, you’re probably ready to find the coverage that’s right for you.

Remember, homeowners insurance is not a “one size fits all” solution.

Your needs are going to be different from the next person so it’s important that we work together to create a policy that will meet your specific goals and most importantly, be affordable.

I will shop the top rated insurance carriers to find you the best insurance policy, with the most coverage, at the lowest rate.

By working with me, you will get the personal attention you deserve, a superior policy to protect you, and a price that will fit your budget.

Now that’s insurance done right.

Fill out the brief form to your right or call 760.600.0550 and let’s get started.

Request A Quote

What My Clients Are Saying

Don’t just take it from me, I’ll let my customers do the talking!

“Awesome working with John!!

He helped get coverage for my mom’s town home. He is very thorough and knowledgeable.

He made sure my mom had the right coverage she needed. I will definitely recommend John to my fam and friends..!!

Thank you John..!!”

Tamiko W.

Business Professional, Oceanside

“My husband and I just purchased a condo, and John wrote our condo policy.

As first time home buyers, this was a complex process for us, and we had a lot of questions about insurance.

We wanted to make sure we had adequate coverage for ourselves, while meeting the requirements for our escrow company and our new HOA.

John was extremely patient with answering all of my questions.  He often reached out to me to request things before I even knew they were coming due, so I always felt prepared and at ease during the process of closing escrow.  John communicates professionally with all parties in the transaction and goes above and beyond to get the job done. He got us a great deal, too!

I have already passed John’s contact information on to friends and family, and will continue to do so.”

Chelsea S.

Educator, San Diego

“John is honest, thorough and available when you need him.

He coached me every step of the way through obtaining insurance for our new home and bundled all our services for a great low rate.

Very pleased, I highly recommend!”

Kiel S.

VP of Operations, Los Angeles

Follow Me:

Request A Quote:

For An Immediate Quote, Please Call 760.600.0550

Contact Me:

John C. Solis - Agent / Broker

Advanced Brokers Insurance Services

674 Via De La Valle #223

Solana Beach CA 92075

760-600-0550 - Cell